Unbalanced Invasions

Hay! I am the greeting ghost, who tells many of the same people this same thing many times. Talk to me if you want some one to say: "Hay! I am the greeting ghost, who tells many of the same people this same thing many times". Anyways, you've got a long way to go, get er' done!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unbalanced Invasions

Hay! I am the greeting ghost, who tells many of the same people this same thing many times. Talk to me if you want some one to say: "Hay! I am the greeting ghost, who tells many of the same people this same thing many times". Anyways, you've got a long way to go, get er' done!

Unbalanced Invasions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unbalanced Invasions

The kingdom Gawwmar is now safe, however Bonsai Arrow have caused quite the disaster. There is not much that can be done about it, except survive. Build up your territory, become the next threat or relief.

Element of Air

Quiver?
    Quiver?
    Master
    Master

Element of Air Empty Element of Air

Post by Quiver? June 4th 2009, 7:13 pm

While air is light, it pervades everything on earth. For a long way into the sky and even in deep caves there is air. Air rises, but not as much as fire. Like fire, air is difficult to control or to capture. It is (nearly) always free. Yet it links everything to everything else. Air is associated with words and language. Language and words are essentially verbal, and speech requires air. It has a serial quality. You can blow air from one position to another. For example, you can direct the breath to blow away some dust - the air moves from the mouth to the position of the dust. Language requires that words are uttered in a particular sequence, and the basis of logic is within language. (You cannot prove logic!) For most of human history, the air was the motive force of transport (sailing ships) and a major source of power (windmills).

Archetypal air is associated with language, logic, communication and transport. It loves freedom, and if captured, it will escape at the first opportunity. (If you capture it in a balloon, it will seep out or explode out whenever it can). Air is also associated with the interrelationships (links) between people and things.

So one keyword is "linking":

logic links ideas,
    language links words,
    transport links places, and
    words link to ideas.
    In order to link ideas together, we need to use abstraction or generalisation to some degree. So like fire, air can be abstract, although because it is closer to the earth, it is less "up in the sky" than fire (although it is "up in the air", and abstract sometimes) Although air is everywhere, it remains air, although it does unite with objects and things in the world, but not as fast as fire. So the archetypal air can be objective and a bit impersonal. It is social because it is everywhere, but the associations are not as deep as those of water, or as lasting as those of earth.

Air people are concerned with thought, ideas and intellect. They are detached and objective. They can be versatile and agile in communications. But they might not accomplish their promises or goals unless they are grounded in earth. They are the theory people in the "theory versus practice" debate. Nonetheless, while the air people are less practical than those of the earth, they are more practical and objective than the other two signs.They can become dreamers, thinking and planning, but not applying. Air people are reflective and think things through logically before they implement their ideas. They can be procrastinators, but they rarely make mistakes through lack of thought. They tend not to be emotional, but they are fair minded and consider other's viewpoints. They are group rather than person oriented. They love humanity, but are not that close to individuals. They have varied interests and could become perpetual students.

Current date/time is May 13th 2024, 2:54 pm